Chicken meat is an easily digestible product and therefore it is more often used for dietary purposes and is also recommended for baby food. More valuable for a healthy diet, chicken meat comes in the form of cutlets, which is optimal for most cases. In a word, chicken cutlets is a healthy and tasty dish for dietary nutrition.
We are familiar with the taste of fried cutlets since childhood. Just as one cannot imagine an Italian who has never tasted spaghetti, so it is impossible to imagine a Russian person who does not know the taste of real homemade cutlets.
Classic Chicken Cutlet Recipe
Most often, pork or beef cutlets are prepared, using a mixture of these two types of meat. But many people prefer chicken. Its meat is much lighter and more tender. The addition of fresh toasted crackers to the minced chicken gives it a porous, velvety texture.
In addition, the cutlets are juicy if you add grated onions on a fine grater to the chopped chicken meat. It is recommended to use a small amount of onion with the addition of herbs - and the cutlets will acquire a delicious flavor. In the correct use of fresh products, there will be no bitter aftertaste and unpleasant smell of onions.
- Toast bread in the oven or in a skillet without adding oil. You can use a toaster. Grind the resulting rusks in a food processor or grate. Pour them into a bowl and top with milk. It should completely cover the crackers. Determine the amount of milk depending on the volume of the bread crumbs. Let the breadcrumbs stand in milk for 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except flour in a bowl. The minced meat should be very tender. Much softer in texture than regular ground beef or pork.
- Pour flour into a flat-bottomed dish. Soak your hands in cold water to keep the minced meat from sticking to your fingers and create even, neat patties. With moistened hands, shape the minced meat into an oval cutlet. Dip it in flour.
In a preheated skillet, melt 1-1.5 tablespoons of butter. Then transfer the formed cutlets to the skillet, cover and fry until golden brown on both sides: about 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side.
How to make chicken cutlets
Chicken cutlets can also be cooked in a double boiler. This will prevent moisture from evaporating and the meat will be even more juicy. When the first serving of cutlets is ready, place it on a plate, wipe the pan with a paper towel before preparing each additional serving.
Also, you can prepare chicken cutlets in the form of semi-finished products. To do this, you need to cook minced meat, freeze it and use it further on demand.
Option for preparing cutlets for future use
Prepare chicken cutlets according to one of the recipes, form flat cakes and place them in the refrigerator, refrigerate or freeze better. On occasion and if necessary, before serving, simply heat the semi-finished product in a skillet under the lid, over low heat with the addition of butter. This will keep the cutlets soft and juicy even after some time after cooking.
Chicken cutlets with cheese
Products needed: 500 g chicken fillet, 1 onion, 1 pc. egg, 0.5 teaspoons of salt, Black ground pepper, 50 g of hard cheese, 5-6 sprigs of parsley, Oil for frying
Scroll the turkey fillet through a meat grinder, then onions. Collect everything in one cup, beat in an egg and stir.
Next, following our recipe, sprinkle with salt, add ground black pepper, add chopped parsley, grated cheese and stir.
Form the cooked minced chicken into round patties. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and fry cheese patties alternately on each side over medium-high heat until pinkish crust.
Did you know that cutlets are really tasty and less harmless if you use minced meat cooked at home from chicken fillet?
If the dish is intended for a child or as a diet, then the minced meat should be passed through a meat grinder several times, but in no case through a blender, because very small meat forms a hard ball during formation.
- In order to cook dietary chicken cutlets, you need to know that there are diets where it is not recommended, and in some cases the use of any vegetable fiber is completely prohibited, in such cases vegetables are also replaced in the minced meat bread is added, and if it is already present, then even more.
- As a result, the cutlets are prepared in the following way: a raw egg is hammered into a bowl of minced meat, a little salt is added, a little cold water is obligatory - so the cutlets will turn out to be much more magnificent and as soft as possible.
How to make diet cutlets
Chicken meat is a versatile product from which you can prepare a variety of dishes of any complexity. In comparison with other types of meat, it has an excellent taste, tenderness and usefulness, the most important thing is that it has much less fat content, and therefore harm.