It would seem that there is more to add here, because the Mimosa salad has already become an everyday festive dish, the recipe for which is spelled out in indelible letters. It is customary to prepare a festive salad "Mimosa" on New Year's Eve and on celebrations. However, with different preferences and tastes of people, other variants of this popular dish have arisen.
Unlike other famous salads, Mimosa appeared not so long ago. But in such a short period of time, he deservedly won to be among the best and main dishes on our exquisite table. And now, this "Soviet salad" is always and as often as possible.
Among the many variations, first let's look at the classic recipe for mimosa salad, which does not include any exotic ingredients and, as usual, is prepared from canned fish, egg yolks, cheese and other products that are neatly stacked in layers.
First of all, before you start cooking, you need to put the butter in the freezer for freezing.
Mimosa salad classic recipe
- Pre-boiled eggs, separate the yolks from the whites. Pass the whites through a coarse grater, and mash the yolks with a fork.
- Then, cut the onion into cubes and grate the cheese on a coarse grater. Transfer the canned fish without oil to a separate bowl, separate from noticeably large bones and knead with a fork.
- On a flat saucer, put the grated proteins in the first bottom layer, and on top of them put the grated cheese.
- Next, lay fish on top of the cheese, trim and grease the surface with some of the mayonnaise indicated in the ingredients, this is about 100 grams.
- Top with chopped onions. Grate well-chilled butter on a coarse grater.
- Put the hard butter on the onion layer, pour over the rest of the mayonnaise. And finally, with the last layer of our Mimosa salad, sprinkle evenly with the yolks and transfer to the refrigerator.
Let it brew for about 2 hours. Before serving, you can decorate the salad as you wish and taste, in our case with herbs.
And so, you learned how to make a Mimosa salad. Following the recipe, every housewife who is interested in home cooking and has culinary skills, even at an everyday level, will now be able to cook everyone's favorite festive salad "Mimosa".