So the time has come when you can taste exotic overseas dishes not only in expensive restaurants, as it has become fashionable recently, but also a unique opportunity to cook all this in ordinary, home conditions. A little bit of skill and skill and, voila - the rolls are ready ...
Japanese cuisine mainly consists of seafood and rice, the recipes are so simple, but at the same time original, and therefore not many people risk taking this business. But today we will destroy the myth and prepare one of the signature dishes of Japanese cuisine, which is traditionally called "Samurai"
Samurai rolls recipe with step by step photos
1. On a special tool for making sushi called "Makisa" put a sheet of nori with the smooth side down. Put the boiled rice on it and distribute it evenly over the surface of the food sheet, but at the same time you should leave one edge free.
2. Put black caviar on top of the rice and evenly distribute it.
3. Gently turn the nori leaf over to the opposite side with the rice and caviar down.
4. Turning over, grease nori with a small amount of mayonnaise
5. Next, lay out the sivid salad, stuff with slices of octopus, shrimp, squid and fresh green onions
6. We wrap the roll and with the help of bamboo mat - makiz we give it a shape
9. First, cut the roll exactly in the middle, and then, placing it in a row and holding it on the sides, divide it into 6 parts
10. Again, with the help of makiz we give them the final shape
And .., the rolls are ready!
Which rice to choose and how to properly cook rice for rolls
This is the most important stage and should not be neglected. The original taste of the rolls largely depends on the correct choice of rice and its further processing. Many do not know that only a few types of rice are suitable for making rolls, which can be found in many specialized stores and on the market. The rice we need is more shape and white-transparent texture. If you have any difficulties in choosing, you can ask the seller to help you choose rice for sushi.
Well, if you have already taken care of it in advance and bought rice of the desired variety for making rolls, then you can safely start cooking.
To do this, first of all, rinse the rice several times in cold water, and each time the water should remain without turbidity, about 5-6 times will be enough
Then boil the washed rice as follows: transfer to a saucepan or a modern combine - multicooker, pour water so that the rice is completely immersed in water. If it's a saucepan, place on the stove and bring to a boil over high heat. Next, reduce heat and continue to boil the rice over low heat, from 10 to 15 minutes, depending on its density and quality.
While the rice is cooking, you need to prepare a special dressing: in a small saucepan, combine 1-1, 5 tbsp. tablespoons of rice vinegar, you can ordinary table, 1 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar and 1/5 of a teaspoon of salt. Stir and heat over a fire until sugar dissolves. The sauce is prepared taking into account 100 grams of rice - 15-20 g of dressing.
When ready, pour the vinegar sauce in portions into the boiled rice and stir gently and slowly all the time so that the dressing is thoroughly absorbed and spreads evenly throughout the rice.
We let it brew for about 10 minutes, and then you can safely fill rolls of any complexity with it.
Nori are pressed, thin sheets of edible seaweed. During the manufacturing process, the seaweed is crushed and then dried using a special method that resembles the production of paper. At the exit, we have green, food-grade rolls.