Looking at custard, you will never think that it is very easy to prepare it. In fact, this airy and delicate cream, which is widely used in cooking, can be easily prepared even by a novice housewife.
It should be noted that custard is very versatile and is ideal for various baked goods, and also goes well with various types of dough. In a word, custard is an important preparation in the confectionery business.
How to make custard recipe
Cooking time - 20 minutes
1. First, mix flour and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, pour in half of the milk indicated in the ingredients, add the egg yolks and stir.
3. Then, combine all this, add the mixed sugar and flour to the milk-egg mixture and mix thoroughly so that there are no lumps.
4. And in the remaining milk, it is 250 ml. approximately, add vanilla essence and place on the stove.
5. As soon as the milk begins to boil noticeably, remove it from the heat and gradually pour 1/3 of the milk (about 60 ml) into the milk-egg mixture, while stirring it all with a whisk.
6. Next, pour any remaining milk and egg mixture back into the milk and simmer over medium-high heat until thickened.
At some point, the cream may begin to curl up into lumps, but don't be bothered by this, just continue to stir more actively with the whisk.
7. As soon as the thick mass boils, let it boil a little more, literally 1 minute, remove from the stove and pour the cream into a separate cold dish.
8. Add 30 grams of butter to the finished cream. To prevent the cream from turning out to be liquid, stir slowly and gently.
9. A little time and the perfect classic custard is ready.
It is best to cook the custard in a thick-walled double-bottomed saucepan, where the ingredients are evenly heated during cooking and the cream itself does not burn.