Today we will prepare a traditional Moldovan pie, which is somewhat reminiscent of Georgian khachapuri and more often has a rounded shape. Unlike Georgian flatbreads, placinths are prepared from unleavened dough and baked in a pan. And the process itself is much simpler. In general, you will not have any difficulties with baking
Do not limit yourself to products. You can add or completely change the list of ingredients at your discretion
Placinths with potatoes recipe with photo
1. To prepare the dough, sift the flour into a wide and deep bowl, add salt and pour about 300 ml of water and knead the tough dough like dumplings. Change the dough for a few minutes, roll in a ball, roll in cellophane and let it brew for about 20 minutes.
2. After that, divide the dough into 8 equal parts, no more than 140 grams. Wrap it up again with cellophane and let it rest for another 10 minutes
3. In the meantime, prepare the filling. Peel potatoes, rinse and chop very finely. Also chop the onions.
4. Chop the parsley and green onions. Collect all the chopped ingredients for the filling in one bowl, salt and pepper to taste and mix.
5. After you have prepared the filling, go to the main process: Roll out the dough individually very thinly. Place the potato filling in the center and fold the edges of the dough first into an envelope, and then fold the ends of the envelope as shown in the photos
6. Preheat a skillet with a little oil. Lay the placinths seam side down and cook on a moderate sauté with the lid closed, about 5-8 minutes, until lightly blush. Be sure to cook over low heat, otherwise the filling may remain raw.
7. Turn the pies over, seam side up, cover again and continue frying for the same amount
Consume Moldovan spring cakes warm!