We are in a hurry to share with you the best recipe for chicken meatballs, as well as the simplest and at the same time incredibly delicious herb gravy. Thanks to the spices, chicken meatballs in tomato sauce are aromatic and appetizing. And the sauce itself can serve as a gravy for cutlets, meatballs and many other meat dishes.
Making chicken meatballs in tomato sauce isn't difficult. Seasonally and when available, canned tomatoes are best replaced with fresh and more ripe ones. In this case, they should be peeled off and scrolled on a blender
Chicken meatballs in Italian sauce
Also, the spicy herbal tomato sauce is ideal as a sauce for pasta and homemade pizza.
Tomato sauce for meatballs
1. A little more than one and a half glasses in warm water, this is about 300-350 grams, we dilute 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2. We tie fresh spices with a string, except for the ingredients listed in the list, you can safely supplement the bouquet with other herbs
3. Next, using a knife or vegetable peeler, clean the ginger root from the skin that was previously washed with a brush and rub it on the finest grater, in the amount of 1 tbsp. heaped spoons
4. Combine all prepared products for the sauce in a deep saucepan with canned tomatoes, orange and lemon juice, add soy and add sugar
Mix thoroughly, put on the stove and bring to a light boil. Then we reduce the heat, cover with a lid and continue to cook over low heat, stirring occasionally
5. In the meantime, we scroll the chicken breasts in a meat grinder, which, in theory, should not cause any particular difficulties and chicken meat is much easier to scroll than cattle meat
6. Add spices, salt, crackers, heavy cream to the finished minced meat according to the ingredients and mix everything thoroughly
7. For a bunch of components, eggs must be added to the minced meat for cutlets. In our case, one will be enough. And then, again, you should mix everything well
Remember that eggs give the final dish a little stiffness, and for meatballs that must be cooked in liquid in the future, this is necessary so that the minced meat does not fall apart during the process
Meatballs in Herbal Tomato Sauce
8. Well, then, from all the finished minced chicken, we form small balls the size of a walnut or a little more
9. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs over high heat on all sides, until light brown.
10. Transfer the fried meatballs to a saucepan with spicy sauce, cover with a lid, simmer for 10-15 minutes. And when ready, the bouquet of spices can be thrown away.
You can boil spaghetti as a garnish for meatballs, as the Italians themselves would have done, the recipe for which we will consider in subsequent publications
The chicken meatballs are ready. At the exit, the spicy tomato sauce turns out to be noticeably thick, from which an irresistible aroma will be given. A little fresh herbs for the dish and you can start your meal.